Zucchini is overly abundant in the summer and since I’ve gotten a few from my CSA share last week. I’ve decided to bake it and add a few extra ingredients to style up a little.
Zucchini itself is a low calories vegetable, per one cup chopped only contains about 20 calories. It is also a good source of vitamin C, B6, Riboflavin(B2) and Manganese, these nutrients will help skin integrity and energy productions. So, take advantage of this summer vegetables.
One medium size zucchini
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
A dash of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup panko/bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Use a mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper together.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick and toss zucchini into the mixing bowl with the oil mixture. Stir to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Add in panko or bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, evenly coat zucchini in the mixing bowl.
- Lay zucchini in baking pan and baked for 20-25 minutes.
- Grate additional Parmesan cheese and some orange zest on top as garnish when it is done.