This honey lemon glazed roasted chicken is my latest experiment in using the oven for roasting meat besides vegetables. Where I grew up, oven pretty much is used for storage instead of cooking. Since I’ve been in America for so long, I figured I would use the oven once in awhile to create some dishes that combined Eastern and Western flare.
2 Leg Quarters Serve 4 servings, Each serving : 245 kcal, 19 g protein.
2 medium size chicken leg quarter (trim off excess visible fat)
1 cup teriyaki chicken marinade
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
1 lemon (grate the zest, squeeze the juice from a half lemon and set aside)
1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all the chicken marinade, white pepper, garlic powder and tumeric powder in a large zip lock bag.
- Poke 5-6 holes on the chicken (skin side up), then add the chicken quarter into the bag and shake well until both quarters are evenly coated. Let it marinade for 1 hour in the refrigerator (lay both quarter flat and flip the bag after 30 minutes to ensure even marination on both side).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), arrange the marinated chicken skin side up on a baking pan and bake it for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the roasted chicken from the oven, let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Combine honey and lemon juice and heat it up on low heat for 1-2 minute or until you see the honey started to bubble.
- Pour the glaze over the roasted chicken and garnish with lemon zest or lemon slices.