This refreshing cucumber salad is perfect for a hot summer day ! It’s good as a side salad or just as delicious when mixed in with rice.
This recipe serves 2-3 and it is recommended to eat right away before the cucumber becomes soggy. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. My little tot loves it but my husband only give it a 6 out of 10 as he doesn’t like cucumber dishes in general.
1 English Cucumber (Julienne or thinly sliced)- Regular cucumber works too.
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
A dash of sesame seeds
Raspberry or Cherry tomatoes for garnish (*optional)
- Wash cucumber, peeled off the outer skin then thinly sliced it into matchsticks. If you are using regular cucumber, just deseed the middle part before slicing it.
- Mix all the sugar, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil into the sliced cucumber in a chilled bowl, give it a few toss to evenly coat the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle with a few toasted sesame seeds and garnish with raspberry or cherry tomatoes.
Zucchini is overly abundant in the summer and since I’ve gotten a few from my CSA share last week. I’ve decided to bake it and add a few extra ingredients to style up a little.
Zucchini itself is a low calories vegetable, per one cup chopped only contains about 20 calories. It is also a good source of vitamin C, B6, Riboflavin(B2) and Manganese, these nutrients will help skin integrity and energy productions. So, take advantage of this summer vegetables.
One medium size zucchini
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
A dash of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup panko/bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Use a mixing bowl, add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper together.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick and toss zucchini into the mixing bowl with the oil mixture. Stir to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Add in panko or bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, evenly coat zucchini in the mixing bowl.
- Lay zucchini in baking pan and baked for 20-25 minutes.
- Grate additional Parmesan cheese and some orange zest on top as garnish when it is done.